Business Manager: Sean W. Daly
NEBF Online Benefits Portal
MEMBERS GET MORE THROUGH THE ONLINE BENEFITS PORTAL
Your members might not know that they can access their NEBF account on our Online Benefits portal by visiting www.nebf.com and clicking Online Benefits in the top menu bar. Members can use the portal to complete certain self-help items related to their NEBF account without having to wait. To register for the portal, members should click ‘New User?’ and provide the requested information to verify their identity, then follow the instructions to enter their email address and create their password and security questions. Once a member is registered, they’ll be able to access their NEBF account on the portal!
The Online Benefits Portal is:
CONVENIENTAvailable wherever you are — via computer, smartphone, or tablet
SECURE Encrypted through the same methods as sensitive military and financial data
What can members do through the Online Benefits Portal?
- ACCESS THEIR FORMS 1099-R View and print their Forms 1099-R for the current year and six years previous. Benefit recipients can now access their 2020 Forms 1099-R on the Online Benefits Portal! Accessing forms on the portal is quicker and more convenient than waiting for the mail.
- PRINT AN NEBF PENSION INCOME VERIFICATION LETTER Once a member starts receiving benefits from NEBF, they can generate a pension income verification letter online for proof of income.
- CHANGE THEIR ADDRESS Update their information online to ensure we always have their current mailing address.
- VIEW PLAN DOCUMENTS ONLINE Important documents are stored for a member’s reference whenever they are needed.
- OPT IN TO GO PAPERLESS Eliminate the overhead costs of printing and distributing communications and get text alert or email notifications when new documents are available to view.
We highly recommend that all members sign up for the Online Benefits Portal and opt in to receive communica-tions electronically (Tax Forms and Plan communications, alike). This is quicker, more cost-effective, and more convenient than snail mail (especially in today’s day and age) — and it only takes two seconds to update paperless communications preferences on the Profile tab of their portal account!Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Fund office at 301-556-4300. Click here to access the online Benefits Portal.
(See attachment below to view NEBF full page media)
IBEW Local Union Liaison 2400 Research Boulevard, Suite 500 NECA Chapter Liaison
Dianna Kuster Rockville, MD 20850 Tina Healand
301-556-4339 Telephone: 301-556-4300 301-556-4335